Tuesday, December 9, 2008

12 Days of Kickers: Day 2



Chris Green

Kickers Indoor #11

Dec. 6 Man of the Match


Green brings one year of PASL experience to Kickers Indoor this year after spending the 2007-08 season with the Rowdies. A Richmond local and a graduate of Mills Godwin High School, Green has since returned to his alma mater as JV Boys soccer coach. He also acts as Systems Analyst and JV Boys soccer coach at The Steward School.

What is your favorite thing about Richmond?
My friends and family. . . Oh, and the Kickers Indoor team of course.

Describe yourself in three words:
Determined, creative, hard-working

Where do you like to travel?
I have been lucky enough to live in a few different countries, but Prague is my favorite place so far. I do hope to go to Japan sometime soon.

What do you do in your free time?
I cook a lot in my free time. It's a place that I can be creative and take risks. . . I like to add my own twist on things.

Who was your childhood role model?
Steve Prefontaine, the U.S. distance runner. Although he wasn't alive while I was growing up, I admired his grit, determination, and example he set as an athlete.


The 12 Days of Kickers is a series of short features on people important to the Kickers organization. Get to know your favorite players, coaches, and staff as we count down to the next home game on December 20th. Eleven days remain until the Kick Out Cancer All-Stars Game to benefit Connor's Heroes. Visit RichmondKickers.com for details and ticket information.

No comments: